I played in a multi-table no-limit hold 'em tournament last night. 151 players entered for $10+1. I can honestly say that I did not have very many good hands pre-flop (AK and medium pocket pairs only a couple of times). I hardly entered any pots. I was really lucky that I was able to make the top 20 paying places. I probably went all-in with the short stack 3 or 4 times and got lucky. I survived to make the final table with the lowest amount of chips. This is when everyone seemed to go all in and I just sat back and watched as I moved up in money without even playing. I ended up placing 4th for a payout of $107. It is possible to make money without any hands. My message is not to give up, just wait it out (not too long though, don't get blinded off). You will never know what can happen.
Wednesday, April 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)


















|