There have been a couple of inquiries about the meaning of the name of my blog: Donn's Center of the Universe. The phrase was born back in my early college days. I don't know precisely the occasion. It was definitely in an alcohol induced paranoid state of mind when I uttered the infamous phrase, "I am the center of the universe." It became a running joke with my friends.
The title is a commemoration of that inside joke and to those carefree times of youth back in Honolulu, Hawaii.
I like the expression now because upon reflection, we all are the center of our own lives (universe). What we say and how we act does have an impression on others, even when we least expect it. What better way to expand our impact on others than to write about it on a blog that can potentially be seen anywhere in the known universe. I wrote in the 'About Me' box to the right, "[I am] just trying to have a positive influence on my part of the universe"
Saturday, January 07, 2006
The Significance of My Blog Title
Posted by
Donn
at
8:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)


















|