I attended the Cursillo Mass this morning at 6:30am. I went by myself since it was too early for the rest of the family. I was happy in my pew waiting for the celebration to start. They needed an altar server, and somehow I got asked to fill the position. I tried to get out of it. I said that I had never done that before(this coming Easter will be four years since I first received Sacraments), but that fact did not matter. Luckily, I know the Celebrant(Fr. Gael Sullivan) very well. So I was not really that uncomfortable. Father Gael had very good hand directions and eyeball directions. It became very apparent that he is very used to rookie altar servers. From my experience working in restaurants, I wished that I had a tray for carrying all of the stuff. At one point I was juggling the holy water that is put into the wine, the filled water bowl for washing, and the wrong towel for drying. Oh well, I'll get it right the next time. During the closing prayer, when I hold the book for the priest, I started to walk away halfway through his prayer. Well, I thought he was done! It's too bad Lisa and the kids weren't there to witness this. It would have really amused Lisa. But it would have been something the kids might see as something they would want to do in the future. "If Dad can do it, then I can, too."
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)


















|