Sunday, August 07, 2005

Midwest Airlines

We traveled from LAX to Kansas City on Midwest Airlines. We ended up using this airline because when I booked the flight, it was the cheapest one out there. I actually had never heard of the airline before. We had a great flight. This was the first time that we ever traveled to Kansas without having to stop in another city. Total time in the air was just under three hours. In the past, when we had to stop in Salt Lake City or Denver, it would take about five hours from the time we left L.A. until touch down in Kansas City. Another great feature of the airlines was the wide leather seats. We had a big 8-10 inch arm rest between the seats which were only two on either side of the aisle. Even on this short flight, they served food. I really liked the idea of having to pay for your food on your flight. This gives the passenger the option to have food on the flight or to take care of meals on their own. For breakfast, we had the option of either a $5 or a $7 meal. Since you have to pay for it, the food was a lot better quality than your normal 'free' meal. And since soft drinks are complimentary, you probably end up paying a lot less than you would in the airport.

Midwest Airlines is based in Milwaukee and flies to many cities from coast to coast. I highly recommend this airline to you.