Friday, August 19, 2005

0.05/0.10 NL Experiment

I received a $10 free bonus from one of the poker sites that I haven't played on in a while. It was a 'please come back and play on our site' gift. Instead of depositing more money so that I could play at my normal stakes, I decided to try to play at low-stakes no-limit hold 'em tables. At .05/.10 NL stakes, I am not risking too much. The maximum buy-in at these tables is $5. I play even tighter than normal, because when I hit a hand, I know I will get paid off. I will try to get all-in pre-flop with AA, KK, or AKs. I will limp-in with pocket pairs to try to hit a set, then go all-in, otherwise fold. I may occasionally limp-in to see a flop, then fold if I don't hit something really big. So far, after about 3 hours of just goofing around, waiting only for these situations, I've turned the $10 into $45. I wonder how high I can get?