Palm Sunday has always been one of Lisa's and my favorite Masses to attend. Partly because it is the start of Holy Week. It was made even better this year because of Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ movie. I didn't get a chance to see the movie until after Easter last year. So this was the first time I heard the Palm Sunday readings from the reference point of the movie. During the long gospel reading today that tells of Jesus' crucifixion and the hours leading up to it, I had much of the movie going through my head(I believe that I have always learned/related better visually). So hearing the story today really got to me in a way that was more intense than usual. I want to see the movie one more time before Easter. I think it will really help me to appreciate the Easter Season in a different and more positive light. Thank you, Mel.
Sunday, March 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)


















|