I admit it. I like Wal-Mart. Living here in Southern California, you will not find a Wal-Mart in every neighborhood like you do in most parts of the country. The closest one to us is in Van Nuys, about 30 miles away, which by our freeways takes about 14 hours to get to. For some reason there is a hatred towards this retailer. I honestly do not understand it. When we lived in Yuma, Arizona, I went to Wal-Mart at least once a week. Whenever we visit my parents in Sacramento, I make every effort to go shopping there. In my opinion, the employees are one of the friendliest out there. The opponents of Wal-Mart say the employees are underpaid and receive no benefits. If this is true, then obviously there must be something more important to the workers than financial benefits. Wal-Mart has obviously figured out what it is. I wish the politicians of this area would be a little bit more open to letting Wal-Mart do business here. I need my price busting fix.
Saturday, March 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)


















|