On May 27th, I wrote about how Alex had a reading milestone by tackling the first Harry Potter book. I have to keep remembering that he is still six years old.
Since then, he has read the second book in the series, The Chamber of Secrets. He just finished the third book, The Prisoner of Azkaban. I have been testing him to make sure that he is comprehending these books. He tells me all about these things that happen that are not in the movies (I have only watched the films). We did not allow him to see the movies because we thought they would be too scary for him. But since he has read the books we thought that it would be all right. He just watched the first two films and he actually said that the books were better.
Alex is a reading machine. He can't wait to read all of the books. The sixth book in the series comes out on July 16th. He wants to finish the fourth and fifth book before then. Yikes! Good luck, Alex.
Monday, June 06, 2005
Alex is Out of Control
Posted by
Donn
at
11:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)


















|