It is still much too early, but I like the position that the Cubs are in. They are in second place in the Central Division behind St. Louis. And they are in strong contention for the wildcard. This is all happening with Kerry Wood, Mark Prior, and Nomar Garciaparra on the disabled list. Watch out when they all come back. They also do not have a strong closer, yet.
I didn't think that we would be in this position after the trade of Sammy Sosa for Jeromy Burnitz. But actually Burnitz is posting better stats right now. Also, Derrek Lee is having an MVP-type season. Remember that he was traded for Hee Seop Choi. Gotta give Cubs' management a lot of credit.
Burnitz - .261BA 8HR 57RBI
Sosa ---- .236BA 5HR 37RBI
Lee ----- .385BA 17HR 80RBI
Choi ---- .245BA 6 HR 20RBI
Tuesday, June 07, 2005
Cubs Confidence: Am I Wrong?
Posted by
Donn
at
3:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)


















|