We had our little field trip to the movies yesterday. We had two free passes to the movie Madagascar, which really helped out. I still spent $17 for one extra child ticket, one popcorn, and one drink. There were only about 20 people watching the movie. About half of them were under the age of five. There was one family of four in front of us that had my attention at times. They had a newborn in a stroller and another kid about three years old. A few times during the movie, the newborn would start to cry, so the Dad would wheel the stroller out of the room. When that happened, the three year old would start to cry and say, "Where's Daddy going?" Then after a while, the Mom would have to take him out. This happened more than one time. There was also the inevitable potty break. I kept thinking while all this was going on, how much they must have spent to 'see' the movie, including concession. I wasn't upset at them, I was actually upset that it costs so much to go out to see a movie. This family probably spent over $35 to not see the film. It would be nice if the theaters were a little more family friendly. I have heard of some theaters that have a 'crying room', like in some churches, so that one could go in there and still watch the movie. I think that this a winner of an idea.
Oh, the movie was OK.
Donn's rating: 6 of 10 stars
Friday, June 03, 2005
Movie Review: Madagascar
Posted by
Donn
at
7:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)


















|