I have about 6 or 7 Calvin and Hobbes compilation books. This was a very funny comic strip about a six year old boy and his stuffed animal tiger named Hobbes. Alex discovered them on my bookshelf a few months ago. He was having a great time reading them. He would read these books whenever he had free time.
Lisa and I began to notice that Alex was starting to act more and more like Calvin. He would yell and whine his displeasure whenever we asked him to do a simple task. He would be mean to his sister (like Calvin is to his neighbor Susie). He stopped eating his vegetables.
We decided to take the books away. Alex was devastated by this decision. We had to explain to him that these books are more for adults. I had purchased them when I was in college. We do not want him to be like Calvin. Also, we thought that Calvin's parents were not very good at keeping their son in line.
It has been about 2 weeks since we took the books away. Alex is back to normal. This is a good lesson for us to be very vigilant about what types of influences there are out there for our children.
Monday, May 09, 2005
No More Calvin and Hobbes
Posted by
Donn
at
8:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)


















|