Since the in-laws are here visiting, we have built in sitters this week.
We were able to go see a cover band at a local bar and grill. The band is called Tempered. The guitarist, Bill, plays during our Mass. He warned us that this wouldn't be church music. What, no Alleluia or Great Amen?
They were very good. The keyboardist also plays in the church choir. I think I overheard that the drummer is only 16 years old. They played covers of Heart, Gretchen Wilson, Carrie Underwood, Loverboy, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Quarterflash, among others. We only stayed for their first set.
The only thing that Lisa wished for was for there to be a dance floor. She really wanted to get out there and dance. I really didn't want to subject the band and other patrons to my 'rhythm-less two left foot mambo'.
If you happen to be given a chance to see them (they only play about 4 times a year), go check them out.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Tempered Rock
Posted by
Donn
at
8:04 AM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)


















|