Thursday, November 06, 2008

History, Hyperbole, and Horror

Here is a link to a very powerful and thought provoking post from my current favorite Catholic blog called Creative Minority Report.

An excerpt from the post:

In Germany, they came first for the Communists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist;
And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist;
And then they came for the Jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew;
And then...they came for me...And by that time there was no one left to speak up.

When Obama came for the executives making $250,000, I remained silent; I did not earn $250,000.
When Obama came for the babies, I remained silent; I was not a baby...anymore.
When Obama came for conservative talk show hosts, I did not speak out; I didn't have a talk show.
When Obama came for the plumber, I remained silent; I was not a public figure.
When Obama came for me, there was no one left to speak out.

Please take the time to read full post: History, Hyperbole, and Horror