Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Humiliation

About 9 months ago we bought Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock for Wii. We were instantly hooked. We all played through the songs starting at the easy stage and we moved our way up to medium, then on to hard. This is where I hit a wall. I told Alex that if he ever scored 100% on an expert (highest level) song, I would bow down to him and kiss his feet.

I shouldn't have said that. I was certain that it would be impossible to do.

He scored a 100% on expert on the new Guitar Hero World Tourgame. At least he did it on a cool song. He played R.E.M.'s "The One I Love" to perfection. He seemed much too happy as I gave his feet a couple of pecks.

The lesson here is to not underestimate what seems impossible. I am not just talking about video games. I am talking about life, too. Hey, even Jesus washed other's feet to show His humility, among other things.