Tuesday, January 11, 2005

OK, Now I'm Hooked on 24

I know that this is the start of the fourth season of the FOX television series 24 starring Keifer Sutherland. I watched it for the first time last night. I couldn't resist all of the hype that was surrounding the series. Wow, this is a great show. I think that my heart was beating twice its normal pace the whole two hours. I mistakenly thought that '24' referred to the fact that each episode takes place within one 24-hour period. No, each season takes place within a 24-hour period. There are 24 episodes (give or take) each season. Each show takes place hour for hour in 'real time', not including the commercials. Very original. Extremely well written. There is so much going on, it keeps you on the edge of your seat. I like the way that there is a short 4-way split screen after commercials, showing all the different scenes going on at the same time.

The last time that I was hooked on a show was the ABC series Sports Night. And before that it was Twin Peaks. That tells you how often I watch regular network TV. I definitely need to get the season one DVD of 24.