Captain Brad Lewis' final entry on his military blog begins:
"I recently saw a poster from WWII of a paratrooper jumping into combat and slumping over as he hit the ground. The caption on the poster said, “Someone Talked”. The implication is that what someone said cost that soldier his life.
We are a nation at war. Our enemy is both tenacious and intelligent. He will do whatever he can to defeat us and will exploit every possible bit of information to inflict damage on the US and our allies. Even the most seemingly innocuous comments can be used by the enemy to harm us or our interests. Operational Security continues to be an issue for our Armed Forces. Therefore, it is with a heavy heart that I must back away from the blogging community for an indefinite period, perhaps permanently. It would be easy to point a finger and blame someone or something but I won’t do that. It would also be easy to kick and scream about my rights or my desires, but that would be inappropriate. I love my soldiers and want to do what is best for them; even if it means not doing something that I love doing, like writing."
This is yet another sacrifice that Chaplain Lewis must make for us. Thank you very much for your service to the United States of America.
Hopefully his archives will remain available.
Please take look at his excellently written blog: Training For Eternity
Thursday, November 10, 2005
Chaplain Lewis' Last Post
Posted by
Donn
at
11:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)


















|