Today, I administered the second grade California Achievement Test to Alex. It seemed to be a lot easier than some of the work we had been doing from the Seton Home Study curriculum. I think he did well. There were a couple of questions that I know he got wrong. The hard thing for me was trying to restrain myself from giving him the correct answer, or letting him know that he got it wrong. I often hear how so many public school students do poorly on this test. Seeing how he has mastery over the basics is another good affirmation that the choice that we made to home school was the correct one for us. Since he is still about a grade and a half above where he would be at if he went to a traditional school, I might take a few weeks off before we start to tackle the 3rd grade. I deserve it, don't I?
Wednesday, February 09, 2005
Onward to the Third Grade
Posted by
Donn
at
2:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)


















|