I remember a time when Alex was 2 or 3 years old. I had just gotten back from the grocery store and had a lot of bags of groceries. I remember it was an extremely draining event because I had two kids under the age of three in tow and I needed to get the stuff put away. My typical three-ring circus. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Alex grab a bottle of salsa from one of the bags that I had placed on the floor. I was kind of freaking out, because I did not want him to drop the bottle. But before that I could get to him, he lifted up the bottle in the air and said, “Take this all of you and drink.” This was the first time that he had ever said anything remotely like this before. You see, something as simple as taking our kids to Mass every week had an effect on Alex. While he may not have been old enough to sit still during Mass, he was picking things up. To me this was a good affirmation that my wife and I are doing the right thing. Everything is in God’s hand. As a Christian Leader, you may never know when you are going to be an example to others. With a lively faith, your influence on others will occur very often.
(excerpt from my Cursillo rollo Leaders, presented October, 2004)
Wednesday, February 02, 2005
Christian Leader
Posted by
Donn
at
9:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)


















|