Thursday, February 03, 2005

Immoral George Bush???

After watching the State of The Union Address last night given by President George W. Bush, I am inspired to believe that we are living in a great time in history.

What I still do not understand is how the 'other side' can think differently. I believe that they can because they are under the false assumption that Bush (notice how they never respectfully say President Bush) is immoral and so is the United States. They will say outrageous things like, "We only went into Iraq because Bush wanted to make money for himself and for his oil buddies." Or, "Bush is a war-monger/criminal. He can't wait to go to war in other countries and put to death more of our troops so that he can do more illegal 'nation building'." I've heard them say regarding the President's ambitious Social Security reform plan, "He is only doing it because he doesn't care for seniors and wants to make money for his friends in Wall Street." When they talk about his faith, they can even make that sound immoral to others, "Bush believes that God is talking to him and is telling him what to think and do, after all he is an idiot." What is wrong with a man who has a strong faith in the Lord?

I believe that President Bush is a very courageous, strong-willed, kind, and moral man. I can only dream and pray about how much greater our country (and the world) can be if there wasn't so much misguided hatred against him.