Thursday, December 23, 2004

Movie Review: The Incredibles

I am afraid that the hype and buzz of this movie raised my expectations too high. The movie did not meet those over-inflated expectations. It was a very good family friendly movie. There was a lot of humor that is over the head of small kids. Along the same lines of the Shrek movies. I do recommend this movie.

What I'd like to talk about here is the outrageous cost of going to a theater to see a movie. We saw a matinee, which supposedly means a savings in the cost of a ticket. I think that we saved a big $2. We ended up spending a little over $40 for two adults and two kids. That included only one medium popcorn and one medium drink that we all shared. We were also asked to keep an eye on a group of about ten kids, dropped off by a parent who went to see another film. She said that she wanted an adult to make sure that they behaved. It would have been a lot better to wait for the DVD in about four months. We could have watched the movie in the privacy of our home, saved over $20, and had a good DVD for my collection.

Donn's rating: 8 of 10 stars
MPAA rating: PG