Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Movie Review: Big Fish

Lisa and I saw the movie Big Fish the other night. It was one of those films that we heard nothing about during its theatrical release. We did not know what to expect. The only reason that I picked it was because I have always liked Director Tim Burton movies. Beetlejuice and Edward Scissorhands (ahhh Winona), three Batman movies, Ed Wood, Mars Attacks!, and (yes, really) Pee Wee's Big Adventure are among the movies that I have enjoyed.

At the end of this movie we both felt that this was his best movie. I don't want to give away any of the details of the film. I'd like you to see the movie with the fresh eyes and 'no expectations' that I saw the film. There is one scene where the main character Edward (Ewan McGregor) is shoveling elephant 'stuff' and the elephant takes a dump (off-script I have learned). The camera continues to roll and Ewan continues to 'act'. It's a great scene.

You will not be disappointed watching this modern-day fairytale.

Donn's rating: 9 of 10 stars
MPAA rating: PG-13