Sunday, February 03, 2008

Today's Mass Reflection

Today's Gospel reading was all about The Beatitudes (Mt 5:1-12).

--The message that I got today was to do more for the Church. I don't mean a little bit. I keep hearing a message to do A LOT more. My excuse for not doing A LOT is that I am a very uncomfortable speaking in front of people and I am a socially inept goofball. One of the beatitudes is, "Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land." It doesn't matter that I consider myself meek, God does not. I cannot let my 'meekness' keep me from doing what God is calling me to do. I can and should do more because I have been blessed with a loving and understanding wife. I can do more because I have been blessed with two inspirational and healthy children. I can do more because I have been blessed with a beautiful home in a beautiful city and State. I can do more because I have been blessed, in the age of the two income family, to be able to be the stay-at-home parent. I am blessed. I can do more...