The name of Christ is so offensive to modern secular ears that Clark County School District officials, who knew it was coming, cut off the microphone during a valedictorian address before they or anyone else could hear it.
Brittany McComb is a Christian and a top student graduating from Foothill High. She knew that her valedictorian address would probably be cut short, but was determined to go ahead and mention the one name that is for her above every other name.
"I went through four years of school at Foothill and they taught me logic and they taught me freedom of speech," McComb stated. "God's the biggest part of my life. Just like other valedictorians thank their parents, I wanted to thank my lord and saviour."
Please go to the MSNBC's story and watch the video from the Today Show. Wow, I hope my children will grow up and be just like Brittany.
Friday, June 23, 2006
Valedictorian's Speech Unplugged Because of the Mention of God
Posted by
Donn
at
8:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)


















|