Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Dixie Chicks' Big Mistake

I used to love the Dixie Chicks. I bought every album and DVD that I could find. I still think that their music is good, but now I get a bad taste in my mouth whenever I listen to a Chicks song or see them on television. I have no incentive to go out and buy the new album. I cannot believe that they wanted to alienate their core audience because of their political views. Of course, I give them credit for speaking out on their point of view, but they practically killed their 'sky is the limit' income potential. I guess they were content with what they had. I recall an interview that Michael Jordan (a staunch Democrat) gave early in his career where he was asked if he would openly and actively support Democrat causes and candidates. He astutely (for financial reasons) replied, "Republicans buy shoes too."

Failure To Re-Launch the Dixie Chicks
U.S. Ticket Sales Slow
Dixie Chicks Tour Struggling
Dixie Chicks Still Fighting Bush On New Album
Dixie Chicks' Chart Wings Get Clipped