Lisa and I finished up watching the M. Night Shyamalan written and directed film The Village on DVD. We both loved the picture. I knew going in that this film was not as successful at the box office as his previous films, The Sixth Sense and Signs. And not unlike his other film, Unbreakable, this picture was not critically acclaimed.
I don't care what the critics say. All four of these movies are excellent horror/thrillers. What I like about all of these films are the unexpected twists. I also like the fact that he makes the viewer use their imagination and their minds. He will cut away from a scene 'early', leaving the viewer to imagine what is happening. He never shows any gratuitous gore, where it would be very easy to put it in to appeal to a different audience. I have compared his style of direction to that of Alfred Hitchcock (Shyamalan also makes a cameo appearance in each of his films just like Hitchcock did).
You will not be disappointed in seeing any of these films. We are eagerly awaiting the release of his next film this summer called, Lady in the Water.
Tuesday, May 02, 2006
M. Night Shyamalan's Films
Posted by
Donn
at
1:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)


















|