Alex received his First Holy Communion on Sunday, May 13, 2006. It was a very nice Mass. There were about 40 other children receiving their First Communion. I really believe that Alex had a better understanding of the meaning of this event than I did when I received this Sacrament five years ago. We are all very proud of him. He is growing up too fast.
A Holy Spirit moment: On Sunday the 14th, Lisa and I were scheduled to be Eucharistic Ministers for our regular Mass. There are a total of eight people distributing the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ. It is fairly random on where our 'station' will be around the altar to distribute communion. It just so happened that Alex was able to receive for his second communion the Body from me and the Blood from Lisa. It was a very powerful moment for all three of us.
Monday, May 15, 2006
Alex's First (and Second) Holy Communion
Posted by
Donn
at
3:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)


















|