I have adjusted my tournament playing style just a little. A combination of being a little more patient and a bit more aggressive. So far, I feel comfortable with my play and have seemingly been able to catch cards more often.
On Thursday night, I played in a $5+.50 multi-table NL hold 'em tourney. There were 320 entries. I managed a 4th place finish with a payout of $148. When there were 5 left, with one player who had about twice as many chips as the rest of us (2nd-5th were about even), my laptop overheated and turned off! By the time I was able to log back on, there were 4 left, but I was severely short-stacked. I had to put all my chips in on the first hand back. I think that I may need to invest in one of those laptop cooling trays. A key hand from this tourney was about halfway through when I went all-in after a flop 2-9-Q with A9 vs. JJ. I hit the 9 on the river to take down the pot.
Tonight I decided to play a two-table, 18-player $10+1 NL hold 'em tourney. I was up and down the whole time. I was making solid plays throughout. My 'coin flip' hands were holding up. When it was heads-up, I had about a 10 to 1 chip advantage. I went all-in on the first hand with 83 vs. JTs. I caught the wheel on the river with a board of A5542. This one paid $72.
Saturday, April 15, 2006
Two Good Cashes
Posted by
Donn
at
12:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)


















|