I have been hesitant about using the Coinstar machines that I see in practically every supermarket I visit. I have always seen the 8.9% coin-counting fee as a big deterrent. I have been saving spare change for about 5 years now. I had a large coffee can about 2/3 filled with these 'throwaway' coins. I really wasn't looking forward to rolling them and taking them to the bank.
Some of these machines now have a new feature that lets you turn the change into gift cards/certificates to merchants like Amazon, Starbucks, or Borders, without having to pay the huge fee.
I took about half of my coins to the machine. I estimated that I had about $25 in coins. After the process was completed, I had a $76 Amazon gift certificate in my hands! It felt like hitting a jackpot on a slot machine. I can't wait to go back and do it again.
Tuesday, January 10, 2006
Coinstar-How To Save On The Fee
Posted by
Donn
at
7:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)


















|