We had a guest priest today. Fr. David Tobin gave a special presentation about the Liguorian Magazine.
The one thing that he talked about was how the Catholic Church was the only religion in the world where one is able to benefit from the Sacrament of Reconciliation. In Catholic teaching, the Sacrament of Reconciliation is the method given by Christ to the Catholic Church by which individual men and women may confess sins committed after baptism and have them absolved by a priest. It is not necessary to confess sins committed before baptism, as baptism itself removes the guilt of sins.
I have to admit that it has been over a year since the last time that I received this sacrament. During Fr. David's homily, I realized that I am missing out on something that is available to me as a Catholic. It is especially important now, to be a good example to my children about receiving this gift. Alex will be receiving his First Reconciliation on February 10th. He seems to be looking forward to it. He is the good example to me.
Sunday, January 29, 2006
Sacrament of Reconciliation
Posted by
Donn
at
8:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)


















|