After 4 weeks of school, it seems that both Alex and Marisa are thriving in their new environments.
We were a little bit worried that Alex would be an outcast since we placed him in 5th grade rather than 4th. He is doing alright academically. In fact, his math teacher has placed him with a few other students who are working a little bit ahead of the rest of the class. He also seems to be making friends. He is playing on the 5th grade soccer team even though he has never played organized soccer in his life. He still does not totally understand what 'offsides' is and how to prevent it from happening.
Marisa absolutely loves school. Every time that I pick her up, she says, "I love school!" She is doing well in her studies. According to her progress report, she is averaging very close to 100% in all of her subjects.
The only thing that I do not like about the school is that the mascot is the Cardinals. As a life-long Chicago Cubs fan, you can probably understand the reasoning. Nonetheless, I must cheer, "Go Cardinals!" while watching the soccer matches.
Friday, September 14, 2007
First Month of School
Posted by
Donn
at
8:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)


















|