Lisa has giving me permission to get a pool table for the basement of our house. I was checking out prices of pool tables on Overstock.com. (Before reading on, please know that I like this site, and will continue to shop here in the future.) They actually had a nice selection of tables and they were reasonably priced. I was a little bit confused about the dimensions of the pool table. All it said was 4' H x 8' L. I assumed that this meant the playing area of the table and not the actual dimensions. I wanted to be sure about this, because I would hate to receive it and it turned out to be the total table dimensions (which would be too small).
So I fired off an email to their customer service. I received a response fairly quickly that the representative didn't know the answer to my question, so they would be forwarding my message to a 'specialized representative'. Cool, I will be happy to wait for the correct response rather than a guess.
A little later, I received another email saying that they did not know the answer to my question, so they have forwarded my request to the actual warehouse where the pool tables are stored. I should expect a response in 1-2 days. Great, perhaps I will get an actual measurement. Wow, what great service!
Then I received a message from customer service saying, "Thanks for your interest in shopping with us. I am sorry for the confusion regarding what the dimensions are for the Solid Hardwood Pool Table with Free Installation. I personally know how frustrating this type of thing can be. After researching this information, I have found that the dimensions are 8 inch by 4 inches. I hope this information is useful to you."
OK, that is one small table! Even if they did mean 8 feet by 4 feet, it did not address my question. I give up, you win. I probably need to actually see and touch a pool table before purchasing. I'll look elsewhere. Thanks.
Thursday, February 22, 2007
Customer Service?
Posted by
Donn
at
9:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)


















|