This is a copy of my latest post on Defending Purple Mountain Majesties for those interested in helping out a soldier-
I received this excerpt of an email from Hugh to Jan:
Maybe you could look into recordings of the radio shows that I like (Hugh Hewitt, Dennis Prager, Jim Rome) and see if CD are available. You could get them and send them to me and I could listen to them here. Also, the computers here are S L O W. If it works out, maybe you could download Cardinals games in MP3 format and e-mail them as attachments. I don't know. It looks like there is nothing to do here but go to the gym and watch movies. I guess Amazon will deliver so it's reading that I'll be doing to maintain sanity. Though, darn it, I know baseball on the radio is available on Armed Forces Radio and Television Service!! I'm frustrated.
-Hugh
Within the next few weeks or so, I will gather a bunch of audio discs for Hugh. I going to send some stuff I already have and I will download some Michael Medved radio shows (the best radio show for mental exercises). He has an iPod, so he could easily transfer into it from his computer. I will try to organize a bulk shipment to Hugh. To make it easier for Hugh to receive things, I will find out if it would be OK to post his mailing address here on the blog. If OK, I'll post it in the sidebar of this blog.
Seems like this will help Hugh pass the time better in Iraq.
Friday, August 04, 2006
Audio CDs Wanted For Hugh
Posted by
Donn
at
12:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)


















|